Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wasteland (Lixo Extraordinario)



A beautiful documentary. 

Vik Muniz, a well-know Brazilian Photographer has the idea of photographing Trash Collectors in Jardin Gramacho in Rio de Janeiro, and selling his pictures, donating all the profit to their community. They live in the middle of the trash, trash that comes from the richest and the poorest people. They do it not only for the money, but to help their country, their family. They live in the dirty, in the stinky, work day and night, separating materials and re-selling them for their salary.

I posted something about this film recently, but now that I watched it, I love it more.

The characters are beautiful, you connect with them. You laugh. You cry. You will want to meet them, know about how they are, where they went after the film. You will love them.

And you will find out, how your trash can become someones art!

PLEASE: R E C Y C L E !
Tiao, one of the trash collectors said after he met Vik Muniz, "Now I don't collect trash - I collect recyclable materials!"

So worth watching!!!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to know where and how i can find this movie to either rent or own thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! :)
    So, was just in the Theatres, I wached it at Cinema Village @ NYC. So soon it should be in DVD.
    It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete